Two more Pinoys cleared of MERS

0

Two more Filipinos earlier suspected to having the deadly Middle East Respiratory Syndrome-Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in Saudi Arabia were declared safe from the virus and are now on their way to recovery, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said on Friday.

Charles Jose, DFA spokesman, in a news briefing, confirmed that the two nurses, both female, who earlier this week he said were still in the intensive care unit of a Riyadh hospital, are now out of the danger.

“Today, I am happy to inform you that both of them are out of the ICU,” he said, adding that one of the nurses remained in the hospital although “she appears to be on her way to full recovery.”

The first case, a 29-year-old, is recuperating in the hospital’s private ward unit.


She is now able to speak, and already stopped her hemodialysis, Jose said.

The second case, a 32-year-old, has been discharged from the hospital, and is staying in her own accommodation.

Share.
.
Loading...

Please follow our commenting guidelines.

Comments are closed.