TOKYO: Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney cancelled a scheduled concert in Tokyo for the second night in a row on Sunday after contracting a virus, saying he was “sorry” for letting fans down. The 71-year-old English pop veteran had already cancelled a planned performance at the National Stadium on Saturday, the day after coming down with an unspecified virus. He had planned to play a concert at the same stadium on Sunday and another on Monday to make up for the cancelled Saturday show. “Unfortunately my condition has not improved overnight. I was really hoping that I’d be feeling better today,” McCartney said in a message posted on the official Facebook site of his Japan tour, “Out There Japan Tour 2014.” Both Sunday and Monday’s concerts were called off, but McCartney is expected to go ahead with the tour’s two remaining concerts at Tokyo’s Nippon Budokan hall on Wednesday and at the Nagai stadium in Osaka on Saturday, organizers said.