
| US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton AFP FILE PHOTO |
Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario on Sunday wished Secretary of State Hillary Clinton “a speedy recovery and complete restoration of health” after suffering from a concussion over the weekend.
A statement from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said that Clinton is “a very dear friend to the Philippines.”
“Having worked with her both bilaterally and in various regional and global fora, I have seen firsthand her dedication to duty and her boundless energy, especially when advocating issues closest to her heart,” the former Philippine envoy to Washington said.
Del Rosario said that he is optimistic that Clinton will “be back to her normal routine in a few days, ready once again to engage with US allies and friends and the rest of the world which her leadership touches.”
“My family and I join her family and friends in praying for early recovery,” the Foreign Affairs chief added.
Clinton suffered from stomach virus after her trip to Europe last week. She cancelled a trip to North Africa—an unusual move for the customarily tireless US top diplomat.
She later became dehydrated and fainted, which caused her to sustain a concussion.
The secretary is reportedly taking a break from work, including several Christmas parties she was supposed to host at the US Department of State this week.
She has been recovering at home and will just continue working there, a spokesman for her said.
Clinton, the wife of former president Bill Clinton and is the most popular member of US President Barack Obama’s cabinet, is set to retire early next year. She remains mum, however, on her plans to run for presidency in 2016.
She denied such plans, but said that her age will not hamper her from serving the American people.
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : headlines | Hits:904
By : Fatima Cielo B. Cancel and William B. Depasupil Reporters
Soldiers who were involved in the shooting incident in Atimonan, Quezon hide their faces as they are escorted to the National Bureau of Investigation. PHOTO BY RENE DILAN Calabarzon police chief James Melad on Wednesday said t... Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : headlines | Hits:286
By : Catherine S. Valente Reporter
President Benigno Aquino 3rd AFP FILE PHOTO Despite making an assurance that the freedom of information (FOI) bill will be passed, President Benigno Aquino 3rd has shown no inclination to push for its immediate enactment. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : headlines | Hits:155
By : AFP
Syrians gather at the scene of an explosion outside Aleppo University, between the university dormitories and the architecture faculty. AFP PHOTO DAMASCUS: Twin blasts ripped through university buildings in Syria’s second city Al... Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : headlines | Hits:174
By : AFP
This photo received on Tuesday (Wednesday in Manila), courtesy of OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, shows Oprah Winfrey’s exclusive interview with Lance Armstrong. ‘Oprah and Lance Armstrong: The Worldwide Exclusive,’ has expanded to air as a two-n... Read more
Published : Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Category : headlines | Hits:699
By : RIGOBERTO TIGLAO COLUMNIST
Director Richard Albano of Quezon City police inspects firearms seized from robbers, who were also charged with violating the gun ban imposed by the Commission on Elections on Tuesday. PHOTO BY MIKE DE JUAN It’s certainly a... Read more