INDIAN travelers are considering the Philippines as their next tourist destination.
According to Ramesh Saminemi, country manager of Via.com, a travel solutions provider, there is a group of travelers from India who are seeking for a new tourist destination.
“We are looking at the Philippines as one of the tourist destinations of India,” Saminemi told reporters at the sideline of the launching of Via.com and Southeast Asian Airlines (SEAIR) partnership.
According to the data from the Department of Tourism, the Indian market generated 38,108 tourists for the first ten months of 2012, posting an 8.18 percent growth over the same period last year.
Tourism Assistant Secretary Benito Bengzon Jr. earlier said that the government is eyeing to increase the number of Indian tourists visiting the country, adding that India is a vast source of potential travelers. The department is projecting a 50-million outbound travels by 2020.
The expected increase of Indian tourist arrivals could be attributed to the recent implementation of the 14-day visa-free entry facility for Indian tourists.
He said that India is one of the fastest growing outbound travel markets in the world with 12.5 million trips made abroad in 2010 and they mostly prefer destinations with good air connectivity and easy entry procedures.
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:336
By : NEIL A. ALCOBER REPORTER
THE legal counsel of martial law human rights victims has chided the Philippine government, claiming that the biggest stumbling block for the compensation of the victims is the opposition from it and not from the Marcoses. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:248
By : WILLIAM B. DEPASUPIL
INCOMING chief of staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Lt. Gen. Emmanuel Bautista vowed on Wednesday to bring down the insurgency problem to a negligible level before the end of his tour of duty or before the Aquino administration vows... Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:225
By : JING VILLAMENTE
Employees of the Agrarian Undersecretary Felix Perry Villanueva, Finance Management Office (FMAO) officer-in-charge, stormed his office on Tuesday, to condemned the purported militarization of the department’s perimeter. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:213
By : JOHN CONSTANTINE G. CORDON
EVEN if she is only holding an ad interim position in the Commission on Elections (Comelec), poll member Ma. Graciela “Grace” Padaca still believes that impeachment must first be initiated before she faces her corruption charge. Read more
Published : Wednesday January 16, 2013 | Category : Nation | Hits:339
By : JING VILLAMENTE REPORTER
The prosecution’s bid to turn into a state witness the backhoe operator who supposedly dug the graves of the massacre victims was opposed by the defense team handling the 2009 Maguindanao Massacre case. Read more