Dasmariñas, Cavite: The text messages of the suspect behind the killing of a policeman enabled authorities to locate the body of the victim who had been missing since December 4.
According to Dasmariñas City P/Chief Ulysses Cruz Sr., the body of the victim, PO1 Jay delos Santos, was found at Barangay Paliparan 3, Dasmariñas City.
Delos Santos, according to Cruz, was a policeman assigned at the General Mariano Alvarez Municipal Station. He was reported missing on December 4.
The family of the victim reported to authorities the situation. Police Investigator, PO2 Fernando Angeles, said that an uncle of delos Santos claimed to receive text messages from an unidentified suspect, believed by police to be delos Santos’ killer.
The sender of the text messages informed delos Santos’ uncle that the victim’s body could be found at Mabuhay City, located at Barangay Paliparan 3.
To confirm the information, police immediately proceeded to the place and found delos Santos’ body, which sustained gun shot wounds.
The body was wrapped with a carpet and dumped at a sugarcane plantation located also in Barangay Paliparan 3, Dasmarinas City. The body was then in a state of decomposition.
Juanito and Edward delos Santos, the father and uncle of the victim, respectively, positively identified his body through his short pants, belt, shirt, and the significant burn marks on his left leg.
Scene Of the Crime Operatives discovered a piece of spent cartridge case intended for a Cal. 45 pistol, shabu paraphernalia, and 11 pieces of spent shells of Cal. 45 pistol.
A follow-up investigation is on going to trace other individuals who are allegedly involved in the said killing.
Published : Friday January 18, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:3
By : AL JACINTO CORRESPONDENT
ZAMBOANGA CITY: Former rep. Romeo Jalosjos Sr. of Zamboanga del Norte province, who was convicted of statutory rape and his younger brother, Dominador, convicted of robbery, were both barred from running in the midterm elections in the Philippines, r... Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:217
By : Thom F. Picaña Correspondent
BAGUIO CITY: Inmates of the Baguio City jail are grateful for “virtual visitations,” which rolled out during the holiday season, giving them a chance to talk to their loved ones through the Internet. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:197
By : Neil A. Alcober
SOME 42,372 undernourished kindergarten and grade 6 pupils will benefit from the Department of Education’s school-based feeding program as part of the agency’s efforts to help them do better in school. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:251
By : Thom F. Picaña
MANKAYAN, Benguet: Mining subsidiary Far Southeast Gold Resources of the African giant Goldfields Resources has declared the pull out of their drilling operations in Madaymen village. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:167
By : Rhaydz B. Barcia
LEGAZPI CITY: The unified move and strong support of Bicolanos over Ako Bicol regional political party ouster bore fruit after the Supreme Court granted a status quo ante order allowing the homegrown party-list to join the 2013 polls. Read more