State-pension fund Government Service and Insurance System (GSIS) has extended the deadline for the filing of emergency loan applications until January 18, for GSIS members in eight provinces in the Visayas and in two government offices in Mindanao.
These agencies included the Local Water District in Kauswagan and the Bacolod government in Lanao del Norte.
GSIS President and General Manager Robert Vergara said that the extended deadline is in response to the clamor of members who were affected by Typhoon Quinta (Wukong), which brought flash floods in the central Visayas.
“We also have a group of members who became qualified for the loan after their agencies committed to update their unpaid premiums through a memorandum of agreement,” he said.
The pension fund previously set the deadline for the filing of loan application on January 5, for GSIS members affected by Typhoon Pablo (Bopha) in the Visayas namely, Aklan, Antique, Biliran sub-province, Bohol, Capiz, Iloilo, Leyte and Negros Occidental.
“The agreement effectively lifted their agencies’ suspension hence restoring the members’ loan privileges,” Vergara said.
Since the loan window was opened on December 7, 2012, the GSIS has thus far, released over P4.4 billion, benefiting over 251,000 members in Visayas and Mindanao.
GSIS also said that to avail of the P20,000 loan, member-borrowers must be residing, or working in the areas declared under a state of calamity and must not be on leave of absence without pay.
Members must also be current in the payment of their contributions and loans and do not belong to a government agency suspended by the GSIS for nonpayment of premiums and loans.
For inquiries about the emergency loan program, members may either call the GSIS hotline number (02) 847-4747, or visit the GSIS office nearest them.
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:196
By : Thom F. Picaña Correspondent
BAGUIO CITY: Inmates of the Baguio City jail are grateful for “virtual visitations,” which rolled out during the holiday season, giving them a chance to talk to their loved ones through the Internet. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:183
By : Neil A. Alcober
SOME 42,372 undernourished kindergarten and grade 6 pupils will benefit from the Department of Education’s school-based feeding program as part of the agency’s efforts to help them do better in school. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:235
By : Thom F. Picaña
MANKAYAN, Benguet: Mining subsidiary Far Southeast Gold Resources of the African giant Goldfields Resources has declared the pull out of their drilling operations in Madaymen village. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:146
By : Rhaydz B. Barcia
LEGAZPI CITY: The unified move and strong support of Bicolanos over Ako Bicol regional political party ouster bore fruit after the Supreme Court granted a status quo ante order allowing the homegrown party-list to join the 2013 polls. Read more
Published : Thursday January 17, 2013 | Category : Regions | Hits:139
By : Ritchie A. Horario
SEVERAL families were evacuates in Surigao del Norte province because of flash floods and landslides brought by the tail end of a cold front. Read more