THE number of dengue cases in Metro Manila have increased in the first half of the year compared to the same period last year, a Department of Health (DoH) official said on Wednesday.
Heath Undersecretary Rolando Enrique Domingo told radio station dzMM that there were currently 7, 200 dengue cases from January 1 to July 7 compared with the 5,800 recorded in the same period in 2017 for a 25-percent increase.
Domingo warned that the peak season for dengue would be when there were “plenty of damp areas where mosquitos live and propagate”.
He also said that having dengue twice could be dangerous since a recurrence may be more severe. KIM MALAIT