23.4 C
Manila
Thursday, January 23, 2020
Home News Latest Stories 3 members of kidnap group targeting Chinese die in Cavite shootout 

3 members of kidnap group targeting Chinese die in Cavite shootout 

 

THREE members of a kidnap-for-ransom group were killed in a police operation in Cavite on Wednesday.

The Philippine National Police-Anti Kidnapping Group (PNP-AKG) identified one of the suspects as alias “Vince,” alleged henchman of Magdaleno Fernandez Pacia, a former policeman and leader of the group named after him.

The two others were unidentified.

Pacia himself was not present when police tried to serve search warrants to the suspects at 2:48 a.m. at Barangay Kayquit in Indang, resulting in an armed confrontation that killed the three suspects.

Based on the report of the PNP-AKG, the Pacia Group was operating in Metro Manila and Luzon where it linked up with other Chinese kidnapping syndicates, victimizing and targetting business owners and rich personalities.


On June 7, the group was allegedly involved in the kidnapping of Zhen Zhang and Renxian Lu at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3 in Pasay.

The group was also linked to the abductions of Fangmei Zhu and Faqiang Guo on January 14, and of Li Chao on May 18 in Pasay City, demanding RMB 50 million in ransom.

The group was tagged in the kidnapping of Lin Xiao Sen, Yan Wen Long & Lin Long Hu on April 5 in Malate, Manila and the case of Wanfeng Liu and Chen Yefeng on December 18 last year in Pasay City.

Other kidnap victims were Cai Binbin a.k.a Charlie Chua and Zhang Rongbin.

The Pacia group allegedly had a hideout in Cavite and a vehicle it stole two days ago.

Recovered from the suspects were a red Suzuki Ertiga, one M-16 Rifle, one beretta pistol and one Caliber .45 pistol. DARWIN PESCO

 

US cancels de la Rosa’s visa

SEN. Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa on Wednesday confirmed that the United States had canceled his visa. The senator said he wrote to the US Embassy in...

Lawyers press release of Huawei exec facing extradition to US

VANCOUVER: Lawyers for a senior Chinese telecoms executive seeking to avoid extradition to the United States pressed on Tuesday for her release while stepping...

North Korea to ban tourists over China virus

SEOUL: North Korea will ban foreign tourists to protect itself against a new SARS-like virus that has claimed at least nine lives in China...

Any constitutional amendment must be for the good of the people

SEN. Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go said that he would only support constitutional amendments if these changes are for the good of the Filipino people. "The...

5 in 10 Pinoys expect Duterte to deliver most of his promises – SWS

More than half of Filipinos believe that President Rodrigo Duterte will fulfill most, if not all, of his campaign promises, according to the latest...

Today’s Front Page January 23, 2020

Today’s Front Page January 23, 2020