25.3 C
Manila
Saturday, January 18, 2020
Home News Regions Wife of slain drug man seeks NBI assistance

Wife of slain drug man seeks NBI assistance

 

BACOLOD CITY: The wife of former Berya drug group bagman Ricky Serenio is seeking the help of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to investigate her husband’s murder.

Mrs. Serenio, who requested not to reveal her first name for her family’s safety, denied the allegations of law enforcers that her husband had returned to illegal drug activities.

According to her, after relocating to Pulupandan town two years ago, they started a money lending business using the allowance provided by former Moises Padilla mayor Magdaleno Peña.

She said the notebooks recovered by the Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO), contain the names of those who borrowed money from them. Serenio pointed out the names listed on the notebooks are not “code names.”

They had at least 40 clients in the town and neighboring Bago City, she said, all of whom were small business owners, with collections done daily by her husband.


The wife also added she wanted the NBI to handle the investigation because they do not trust the police, as Ricky had earlier linked several police officers in the province to the illegal drugs trade.

Aside for Mrs. Serenio, their business partner, who also requested anonymity, affirmed she owned the car being driven by Ricky at the time of his murder.

She also denied police reports the bank books, which were also recovered in the vehicle, do not contain millions of pesos.

Earlier on Thursday, BCPO Director Col. Henry Biñas, confirmed the “persons of interest” in Serenio’s murder were already discharged from the hospital and released from police custody.

According to Biñas, the two individuals, identified as Allan Bustamante and Jomar Dumip-ig, were downgraded from suspects to “persons of interest” as they were still collecting evidence which could link them to the murder.

The BCPO director said paraffin tests on both suspects and Serenio’s remains came out negative as investigators were still trying to find witnesses who could definitively point to Bustamante and Dumip-ig as the suspects.

Since no charges have been filed against the two, they were free to go, Biñas said.

Ginebra wins PBA Governors’ Cup title

BARANGAY Ginebra captured the PBA Governors’ Cup title, beating the Meralco Bolts, 105-93, in Game 5 of their best-of-seven championship series at the Mall...

Duterte: Gamboa now ‘regular’ PNP chief

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has picked Lt. Gen. Archie Francisco Gamboa as the new head of the Philippine National Police (PNP). In his speech at the...

Locked down areas in Batangas because of Taal eruption rise to 14 

LOCKED down areas in Batangas have increased to 14 from four as Alert Level 4 remains over Taal volcano, local and disaster officials said...

2 foreign employees nabbed for qualified theft

TWO foreigners were arrested on Thursday night for allegedly stealing money from the company they were working for. Police identified the suspects as Wu Wen,...

Duterte blames water firms for Manila Bay ‘contamination’

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has stepped up his attacks against Maynilad Water Services, Inc. and Manila Water Co. Inc., this time blaming them for heavy...

Today’s Front Page January 18, 2020

Today’s Front Page January 18, 2020