29.8 C
Manila
Monday, January 20, 2020
Home Public Square P12-B luxury mountain resort to be developed in New Clark City

P12-B luxury mountain resort to be developed in New Clark City

 

The Widus Group, owner and developer of the Widus Hotel & Casino and the Clark Marriott Hotel, and the Bases Conversion Development Authority (BCDA) signed a lease agreement for the development Hann Lux, a luxury mountain resort held at the Marriott Hotel in New Clark City, Tarlac on Oct. 25.

A signing of lease agreement for the development of Hann Lux, a 12-billion luxury mountain resort to be
built in New Clark City between Widus Group headed by Dae Sik Han (2nd-right), president and CEO of Hann
Development Corporation and Vince Dizon, president and CEO of Bases Conversion Development Authority (BCDA).
With them are Neki Liwanag (right), AVP Corporate Planning and Compliance of the Widus Group and Joshua
Bingcang (left), SVP Business Development and Operation of BCDA. PHOTO BY FREDERICK SILVERIO

Among the establishments to be developed are global hospitality brands such as the Banyan Tree Hotel, Angsana Hotel, Westin and Luxury Collection by Marriott.

Under the agreement, Widus will lease 450 hectares of land within New Clark City with an investment commitment of P12 billion.

The luxury mountain resort will be located in the southernmost portion of New Clark City. Phase 1 of the leisure resort shall include the development of the Angsana Hotel and the Banyan Tree Hotel — a leading global hospitality group that is rooted in its ethos of sustainability “Embracing the Environment, Empowering People” for sustainable tourism development; an 18-hole championship golf course, and a clubhouse. The development of the first phase with a total investment of P5 billion is pegged for completion within five years.


Meanwhile, Phase 2 includes the development of Westin and Luxury Collection by Marriott, two 18-hole championship golf courses, outdoor recreation facilities, premium villas and residences, a mixed-use commercial center, and a 10-hectare public park for a total investment of P7 billion.

Dae Sik Han, president and CEO of Hann Development Corporation, a member of the Widus Consortium, expressed his optimism for this venture and hopes it will draw even more visitors to New Clark City.

“Clark is fast becoming one of the top destinations in Northern Luzon for both tourists and investors. We hope to attract more with the development of a new leisure resort in New Clark City, one that is in keeping with the vision of BCDA,” Han said.

“We’re fortunate to partner with the Widus Group for this new leisure attraction as they share with us the vision for New Clark City to be green, resilient, and sustainable. Part of the agreement is the use of nature and Filipino-inspired architecture for the luxury mountain resort to showcase local culture and tradition which the Hann Group is known for,” BCDA President and CEO Vince Dizon said.

Dizon added that in five years from now Clark will be totally in big different with the said infrastructure project.

It was learned that the full completion of both phases will be on 2030.

Located 100 kilometers north of Metro Manila, New Clark City is a 9,450-hectare development envisioned to decongest the capital.

Frederick Silverio

98% of residents in Taal’s danger zone evacuated 

Interior Secretary Eduardo Año said on Monday that 98% of the residents in villages within the 14-kilometer danger zone of Taal Volcano had been...

Motorcycle taxi pilot test halted

The Department of Transportation's technical working group (TWG) on motorcycle taxis halted the pilot test of the project amid legal hindrances, its head said...

Liquid marijuana seized in various warehouses at NAIA

Customs authorities seized on Monday 330 cartridges of liquid marijuana in different warehouses at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA). Port of NAIA district collector...

China counts sharp rise in coronavirus cases, 2 in Beijing

BEIJING (AP) — China reported Monday a sharp rise in the number of people infected with a new coronavirus, including the first cases in...

Prince Harry: ‘No other option’ but to cut royal ties

LONDON (AP) — Prince Harry said Sunday that he felt “great sadness” but found “no other option” to cutting almost all of his and...