Sunday, November 22, 2020
 

DoH builds One Hospital Command network

 

Latest Stories

Ex-Jolo police chief in Army intel ‘shooting’ gunned down

THE former chief of police of Jolo, Sulu was gunned down in Sultan Mastura town in Maguindanao on Saturday...

WATCH: Falling Beams

https://youtu.be/7Aq8ejVjmM0

DILG releases P1.5B for typhoon-affected LGUs

THE Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) released a total of P1.5 billion to local government units (LGUs) heavily...

DILG directs crackdown on illegal logging, mining after ‘Ulysses’ onslaught

INTERIOR Secretary Eduardo Año ordered a crackdown against illegal logging and mining in the aftermath of the onslaught caused by...

Dela Rosa tests positive for Covid-19

SEN . Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa on Saturday confirmed that he had contracted the 2019 coronavirus disease (Covid-19). “I’m sorry...

THE Department of Health (DoH) targets to build the One Hospital Command in Baguio City to increase the number of hospital beds even as the coronavirus cases had flattened recently.

After conferring with Baguio City Mayor and concurrent Testing Czar Benjamin Magalong, Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said while the critical-care-utilization capacity in Baguio City is at 76 percent, which is considered as high risk, the number of cases in the city have experienced a “plateau” since October.

She added that upon checking the health-care facilities in the city, it was reported that most of the public hospitals only allocated 29 percent of the recommended 30 percent beds for Covid-19 patients while private hospitals only allocated 13 percent out of the recommended 20 percent bed allocation.

With this development, the DoH regional director in Cordillera has discussed the establishment of a One Hospital Command system with Magalong and Health Undersecretary Leopoldo Vega.




The One Hospital Command system is a network of private and public hospitals where patients can be referred to other hospitals in case that a health facility has declared full capacity.

“In the coming days, we are fixing that network. That is why we are mobilizing our resources in that area, ” Vergeire told reporters in a media briefing on Friday.

She added that 60 percent of those in city hospitals are patients, who are recovering from the disease or are experiencing mild cases. That is why the DoH Central Office has also suggested the establishment of Oplan Kalinga facilities in the city.

“We will establish step-down facilities where we can move those who are recovering and waiting to finish their 10-day isolation and those with mild symptoms that had been cleared by doctors to be released [in order] that we can decongest the hospitals,” Vergeire said.

Sorsogon nurses

Meanwhile, the DoH said it would look into the case of nurses in the province of Sorsogon that were not paid for months as alleged by Gov. Francis Joseph Escudero.

“DoH ’gave’ us 11 nurses to augment our hospitals regarding Covid-19. Two only got a salary for two months after working for five months. And the nine did not get any salary after working for over a month. Only one is left with us now! No one got any benefits in violation of their contract,” Escudero said in his Twitter account.



 
 

Weather

Today's Frontpage

TRY OUR DIGITAL EDITION
FREE FOR 30 DAYS

ALREADY A SUBSCRIBER?