Tuesday, December 1, 2020

P1.5B released to typhoon-hit LGUs


Latest Stories

PH logs 1298 new Covid cases

THE Philippines logged 1,298 new cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) on Tuesday, bringing the overall total to 432,925...

Facebook, Google becoming ‘human rights-free zones’ in Vietnam – Amnesty

HANOI: Facebook and Google are fast becoming "human rights-free zones" in Vietnam, Amnesty International warned Tuesday, accusing the tech...

House reports 98 Covid cases

NINETY-EIGHT individuals were found positive for the coronavirus disease following the mass testing conducted by the House of Representatives,...

So defeats Carlsen to win Skilling Open

Grandmaster Wesley So defeated World No. 1 Magnus Carlsen to win the Skilling Open on Tuesday (Manila time). So earned...

Chief Justice opts for early retirement

Chief Justice Diosdado Peralta has decided to step down in March next year when he reaches the age of...

A total of P1.5 billion worth of funds for the local government units (LGUs) heavily affected by the recent typhoons was released, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) said on Saturday.

The Special Allotment Release Order and Notice of Cash Allocation for financial assistance to LGUs were released by the Department of Budget and Management.

According to DILG Spokesman and Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya, the funds were released following the declaration of a state of calamity in Luzon. These will go to LGUs badly affected by the typhoons.

“Para po doon sa LGUs na lubhang nasalanta ng sunod-sunod na bagyo (For the LGUs heavily devastated by the typhoons),” Malaya said.

Recipient LGUs were from Region 5 (Bicol), Region 4A (Calabarzon), Region 4B (Mimaropa) and Region 2 (Cagayan Valley), Malaya reported.

Aside from the said fund, Malaya said, there is still P16 billion remaining. LGUs that still lack funds could make a request to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council.

“Kailangan lang po nilang gumawa ng request sa Office of the Civil Defense (They just need to file a request to the Office of the Civil Defense),” he said.



Today's Frontpage