Sunday, February 28, 2021
 

1.5M Calabarzon kids eyed in anti-polio drive

 

Latest Stories

2nd former aide accuses Cuomo of sexual harassment

A SECOND former aide has come forward with sexual harassment allegations against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who responded...

Cuatro dethrones Taduran, wins IBF minimum weight title

Rene Mark Cuatro is the new International Boxing Federation (IBF) minimum weight champion. In an all-Filipino clash, Cuatro beat Pedro...

Abanse Negrense vs Sta. Lucia in PSL beach volley semis

THE Abanse Negrense and Sta. Lucia teams are set to clash in the semifinal round of the Philippine Superliga (PSL)...

PH logs highest number of Covid cases in 4 months

THE Department of Health (DoH) said the Philippines logged 2,921 cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) on Saturday,...

Jeremy Lin cries foul over ‘coronavirus’ slur

SAN FRANCISCO: Warriors G League guard Jeremy Lin shared on social media that he experienced an act of racism...

CALAMBA CITY, Laguna: The Department of Health (DoH)-Calabarzon (Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal and Quezon provinces) is targeting to vaccinate about 1,524,327 children in the region in the nationwide Measles-Rubella and Oral Polio Vaccine Supplemental Immunization Activity (MR OPV SIA) Phase 2 Campaign from Feb. 1 to 28, 2021.

The regional office will be eyeing 290,588 children in Batangas, 380,067 in Cavite, 306,619 in Laguna, 236,913 in Quezon and 310,140 in Rizal.

“The regional office, our LGU (local government unit) partners and the vaccination teams are ready to do their tasks and reach the target children including those in far-flung communities located in the mountains,” Regional Director Eduardo Janairo said.

“Mas madali natin ngayong mababakunahan ang mga bata dahil karamihan sa kanila ay nasa kani-kanilang mga bahay at bawal silang lumabas dala ng kasalukuyang pandemya. Kaya’t madali nating magagawa ang pagbabakuna laban sa polio and measles (It will be easier now to vaccinate the children because they are at home and are not allowed to go out because of the pandemic),” he noted.

Janairo said additional manpower would be deployed to every municipality to ensure that all target children from 0-59 months old will receive their vaccine shots.

“Sa mga magulang ng mga batang babakunahan, huwag po kayong mangamba at matakot sa ibibigay naming bakuna sa inyong mga anak dahil ito po ay ligtas at ito lang ang magbibigay ng proteksyon sa inyong mga anak laban sa tigdas at polio (To the parents of the children, do not be afraid and have your kids inoculated because the vaccine is safe and the shots will only be the ones that will protect them from measles and polio),” he added.

 


The Health department conducted the MR OPV SIA Phase 1 from October 26 to November 25 last year.

Phase 2 of the campaign will also be implemented in Regions 3, NCR (National Capital Region or Metro Manila) and in the Visayas.

The one-month Phase 2 vaccination campaign will also have a nationwide launch on January 29, 2021 at the City of General Trias, Cavite.




 
 

Weather

Today's Front Page

TRY OUR DIGITAL EDITION
FREE FOR 30 DAYS

ALREADY A SUBSCRIBER?