In an email interview, Los Angeles-based Filipino-Chinese Feng Shui Master Patrick Lim Fernandez shared with The Manila Times Lifestyle his general forecast for the Year of the Metal Ox:
1. Calmer and less chaotic energy versus last year. This is because last year was a Yang year and the first of a 12- and 60-year cycle. This year is Yin and within the new cycle, so we should see less volatility this year.
2. We are emerging from Winter season, which are the years of the Pig, Rat and Ox, and are soon headed toward Spring which signifies rebirth and renewal.
3. There is Charismatic energy this year:
– People will generally gravitate to each other
– You should know and be honest about your strengths and talents and share this with the world
– Be genuine as you interact with people
… But all that glitters is not gold:
– Prioritize substance over style
– Go beyond appearances
– Beware of fake news
4. Helpful and hardworking energy borne from the Ox. But be careful not to be stubborn and set in your ways.
5. Presence of an Academic Star:
– Propensity for learning new things, personally and professionally
– Can be done formally or informally
6. Presence as well of energy that is emotional, short tempered, paranoia:
– Try to take a step back, take a deep breath
– Approach things with a clear mind
Because of the overall energies mentioned above, there should be good energies that Filipinos can tap into to help bounce back from 2020.