Monday, March 1, 2021
 

Murder raps filed vs suspects behind killing of Korean in Valenzuela

 

Latest Stories

8 killed in Myanmar crackdown’s bloodiest day

YANGON: Myanmar security forces opened fire on protestors Sunday, killing at least eight in the bloodiest action so far...

Archeologists find intact ceremonial chariot near Pompeii

MILAN: Officials at the Pompeii archaeological site in Italy announced Saturday the discovery of an intact ceremonial chariot, one...

PH Navy to decommission 4 ships

The Philippine Navy will decommission four of its ships on Monday in compliance with the military's modernization program. Navy chief...

PH receives Sinovac vaccines

The Philippine government received the 600,000 doses of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) vaccines donated by Chinese government on Sunday. President...

PH logs 2,113 new Covid cases

THE Department of Health reported 2,113 new Covid-19 cases on Sunday, for a total of 576,352. It said that 29,763 cases were active. Twenty-nine more patients succumbed to the virus, bringing the death...

POLICE arrested and filed murder charges against eight suspects behind the killing of a South Korean businessman in Valenzuela City almost two weeks ago, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said on Tuesday.

Police Brig. Gen. Ildebrandi Usana, PNP spokesman, identified the suspects involved in the death of Nam Sunuk as Kimberly Radores, Rica Estrella, Rusty Hernandez Cruz, Josephine Pidlaoan Nape, Leana Marie Nagaño alias “Yana,” Bryan Saga Gulfo, Bryan Remlona Escamillas, and a policeman, Cpl. Darwin Garcia Castillo.

Usana said the eight suspects will be presented to state prosecutors for inquest proceedings.

PNP Chief Debold Sinas said that three of the suspects–Radores, Estrella and Castillo–“executed extrajudicial confessions” about the circumstances of the Korean’s death last February 13.

Police investigators recovered a Norinco caliber .45 pistol and a red Honda Civic vehicle, which they believed were used in the crime.

Nam was shot dead at the backseat of his SUV on the night of February 13 along Padrigal extension, Maysan, Valenzuela, by Gulfo, Escamillas and Castillo “tailing behind in a back-up car,” according to Sinas.

 


“The other suspects participated in the crime as contact persons and facilitators for the hitmen,” Sinas added.

In a message later in the day, Usana said P80,000 was paid to the three killers and P100,000 to the main planner of the crime “but payable after one month.”

Police are now looking at other leads to establish an “airtight case” against the suspects which include the e-mail exchanges between the victims and some of the tagged suspects.




 
 

Weather

Today's Front Page

TRY OUR DIGITAL EDITION
FREE FOR 30 DAYS

ALREADY A SUBSCRIBER?