This Lenten Season, acts of kindness are more meaningful as the world continues to grapple with the effects of the pandemic.
As such, Globe provides opportunities to donate to charitable causes through its Globe Rewards program. Customers who would like to do their share for the environment, communities and the nation, can donate their Rewards points to their chosen non-government organizations (NGOs), charitable institutions, and foundations for as low as P1.
“Globe is committed to giving its loyal customers ways to donate their points to causes they support. Partner NGOs and beneficiaries will be able to receive donations in actual amounts given one Rewards point is equal to one peso,” said Joey Kilayko, head of Globe Rewards.
Given the country’s current situation, customers are encouraged to donate to the Philippine General Hospital Medical Foundation, Inc. to help provide much-needed support for healthcare frontliners and Covid-19 patients. Points donated will be used to support health workers’ expenses on housing, meals, personal protective equipment (PPE) and other various protective gear.
For those looking to support other meaningful causes, the following organizations are also part of the platform and are in need of support:
– ABS-CBN Foundation, which supports children under the care of Bantay Bata 163 and Sagip Kapamilya’s relief and rehabilitation efforts.
– Ayala Foundation, which rovides internet connectivity to public school teachers.
– Hineleban Foundation which restores the primary forests of Bukidnon and Lanao del Sur.
-JCI Manila, which beautifies the walled city of Intramuros through Philippine native trees.
– Moments with Father Jerry Foundation, which upports the elderly and sick priests and brothers under the Society of the Divine Word (SVD).
– Natasha Goulbourn Foundation, which assists in the operations and training of new frontline responders for the 24/7 hotline for suicide prevention and emotional crisis.
– Philippine Animal Welfare Society Philippines, which aids in medical treatments of rescued animals.
– The Rotary Foundation, which upports efforts to eradicate polio worldwide.
– Save Philippine Seas, which ducates children on the wonders of marine biodiversity.
– Walang Iwanan Alliance, which rovides meals and nutrition to underserved families within Metro Manila
Donations may be done through the Globe Rewards App glbe.co/GRewardsApp.
Meanwhile, Globe customers are also doing their part to push for their advocacies.
“Hey guys! If you could donate your Globe Rewards points, please do so. There are lots of charities and organizations to choose from. Let us help our fellow Filipinos who are fighting this battle,” a Globe subscriber said via Twitter.
“I just donated and named three trees by using my Globe Rewards points. Let’s do something worthwhile,” wrote a subscriber via Instagram who donated to Hineleban Foundation.
During the height of the community quarantine last year, a record P36 million in cash donations for the benefit of health workers and frontliners in 11 medical institutions nationwide was successfully raised by 491,821 loyal Globe customers through their Rewards points. These were used to provide much-needed test kits, alcohol, and complete sets of PPE such as surgical masks, face shields, and surgical gowns.
To know more about Globe’s Donate campaign, visit www.globe.com.ph/help/rewards/donate-campaign.html.