Wearing of face shields outdoors is no longer required, Malacañang said on Monday.
Palace spokesman Harry Roque Jr. made the announcement in his press briefing as he clarified that the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) only recommended that face shields be used in enclosed spaces.
President Rodrigo Duterte last week ordered the government to require the use of face shields only in hospitals.
The IATF-EID however appealed to the President to reconsider his decision and require the use of face shields in enclosed spaces including schools, workplaces and commercial establishments such as food establishments, malls, public markets, public transport and places of worship.
"Yung hindi naman po inapela, that's immediately executory (What we did not appeal, that's immediately executory)," Roque said.
"Face mask na lang po pag lalabas tayo except for public transportation at tsaka dun sa mga enclosed or di naman kaya yung mataong lugar gaya ng public markets (use face mask when going out except for public transportation and enclosed spaces, crowded areas like public markets)," Roque added.