Dear PAO,

My former girlfriend, with whom I have a minor child, filed a complaint against me for violation of Section 5(i) of Republic Act (RA) 9262, citing my failure to provide additional funds for our child's tuition. She claims this has caused her mental anguish. Our problem started after she decided to transfer our child to an expensive school, a move I opposed due to the high tuition that I could not afford. Despite this, I still contribute to our child's tuition on top of the regular monthly allowance, though my contributions are insufficient given my limited income. Is my mere failure to provide additional support punishable under the said law?

Register to read this story and more for free.

Signing up for an account helps us improve your browsing experience.



See our subscription options.

Already have an account? Log in here